When's the last time that you attended an artistic event that touches you or informed you more of a value of your own life? I remember attending a concert by the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields Chamber Ensemble during my undergrad that not only elevated my expectation of what a chamber ensemble could sound like, but help create a vision that we in Origin Brass aim to support and develop. By involving diverse repertoire and a diverse line-up of musicians, the Academy showed me how much a music can bolster a sense of community.
Along with countless other musicians in Chicago and around the world, Origin Brass will be joining the Make Music Alliance to present a recital at Ganz Hall during the Make Music Chicago events. Make Music Alliance, partnered with the NAMM, are built on the idea that music is for everyone and can help our society celebrate and heal, which is a vision Origin shares.
- J.S. Bach - Contrapunctus No. 1
- Jack Gale - A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square
- Victor Ewald - Quintet No. 3
- Devin Clara Fanslow - Path of Least Resistance
- Niko Schroeder - Fang and Lip Music
- Collier Jones - Four Movement for Five Brass